Hi, a little bit about me:
I live in Portland Oregon and love talking about, thinking about, and working on the elimination of racism. I spend as much time as possible outdoors in the beautiful pacific northwest with my wife, my dog and sometimes one or another of my 3 sons. I love whiteboards, sticky notes, and brand new notebooks. One of the best things about working from my home office is spending all day with our dog Jake. There is a little more about my education and work background below.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- PMP (Project Management Professional Certification), PMI
- 2 Years Graduate Study toward PhD Health Psychology, Saybrook Graduate Institute
- BA in Sociology, Marylhurst University
Equity in Action LLC
- Unlearning Everyday Racism Coaching and Courses
- 6 week course: I coach white people who are ready to move first from fear and worry to community, curiosity and exploration
- 12 week course: I coach white people who are ready to deepen their racism work with a goal oriented individualized plan
- Tailored workshops for organizations
Multnomah County Government Office of Diversity and Equity
- Program and Policy Director
- Furthering Equity and Inclusion by planning, coordinating and monitoring the progress of Multnomah County equity and inclusion projects.
- Creating policies, practices and procedures to address gaps and to achieve new equity goals.
- Leading large culture change efforts
- Project Management for the Office of Diversity and Equity programs and initiatives.
- Working with people in the community and throughout the county organization to extend and broaden diversity equity and inclusion work.
Women’s Intercommunity AIDS Resource
- Program Director
- Responsible for strategic planning, program and employment policy development
- Management of all programs and program staff/volunteers,
- Fiscal oversight, community relations, development and fundraising,
- Problem solving and trouble shooting in a comprehensive service center providing services for over 200 HIV affected women, youth, and children